1955 ROCKLAND BOAT COMPANY
Salar is now under new ownership. However, we will still have the pleasure of caring for her! This past winter, we took care of a few things that we hadn’t gotten to yet that brought her to the next level of comfort and easy maintenance. During her visit to the spa, she enjoyed the following:
- Major Refit/Rebuild 2014-2016
- Frame/Floor Repairs
- New Interior
- Removed all hardware and hand rails from weather decks and trunk cabin roof. Strip and prep surfaces and apply fresh Awlgrip non-skid paint.
- While doing the decks, we stripped toe rails and rub rails, doing some needed rot repairs at some joints and refastening. Sealed with Smith’s epoxy, primed and painted with good, tough paint with flattener.
- Removed tanks and tank boxes from cockpit. Stripped and repaired cockpit deck as needed. Laid down 3/8” MDO plywood in West epoxy with two layers of 10 ounce glass and Awlgrip non-skid.
- And finally... a full paint job from the house roof to the new worm shoe we installed.
Thomas Townsend Custom Woodworking
157 Bayview Ave., Mystic, CT 06355